About the Brazilian Society of Mastology
Founded in 1959 the Brazilian Society of Mastology (BSM) is a non profit organization affiliated to Brazilian Medical Association and Senologic International Society. BSM possess 1800 members, being 1038 specialists in mastology. It supports its members in a wide range of activities including education and research, and helps to promote knowledge through educational events, such conferences, courses and symposiums, about breast cancer treatment.
- Promote continuing medical educational program for all specialists in mastology. It promotes dissemination of the most advanced knowledge in mastology, optimizing the patients treatment.
- Is responsible for the Certification of specialists in mastology in Brazil.
- Participate in public health policies.
- Stimulate screening programs for early detection of breast cancer in public and private health services aiming to decrease morbidity and mortality of breast cancer patients.
- Index the Brazilian Journal of Mastology to PUBMED/MEDLINE and publish books for the dissemination of scientific knowledge in mastology.
- Include volunteers in the decision making of reference services.
- Professionalism through integrity and ethical conduct
- Quality through the use of the most advanced knowledge in mastology
- Lifelong learning through continuing medical education
- Education through educational events and dissemination of scientific knowledge in Mastology